Work with us: Technical Specialist – Environmental (Climate Change) – Maternity cover
The Initiative for Climate Action Transparency (ICAT) is currently recruiting a Technical Specialist to support the continued development and delivery of e-learning, training, and other capacity building activities related to climate action transparency. Please visit the UNOPS website for the full vacancy announcement.
Duty station: Bonn/Home-based
Contract type: International ICA
Contract level: IICA-2
Duration: January to October 2022
Application closes: 31 October 2021
Support to e-learning, training and other capacity building activities related to climate action transparency
- Defines and develops the learning content on climate action transparency, together with subject matter experts and implementing partners;
- Develops and coordinates the substantive input during the development and delivery of a blended e-learning course including coordination between the technical support team, subject matter experts, designers, and facilitators, including implementation of feedback from previous e-learning sessions;
- Manages the meetings of supervisory and advisory committees set up to implement the e-learning course, and supports the Director and staff to participate in their work as needed;
- Manages the process and collaborates closely with implementing partners on course design and delivery, including to ensure timely advice on content and review of comments, support for identification of key learning needs and learning objectives, selection of instructional design strategies etc.;
- Supervises the work with the implementing partners in the development and pre-testing of the materials, e-learning module as well as in the organization and delivery of the face to face training;
- Ensures the e-learning course developed is aligned with ICAT’s mandate, vision and its overall approach;
- Ensures the content of the e-learning is according to the current trends and best practises in the area of climate change and transparency;
- Supports the identification of a suitable partner/service provider to translate the e-learning course to French and manages the update of the e-learning course according to the translation and review process.
Support to the further development of the ICAT Toolbox
- Provides additional support to the ICAT Secretariat, in particular on further developing the ICAT toolbox in coordination with implementing partners;
- Develops a good understanding of the state-of-the-art approach to evidence-based policy making as incorporated in ICAT methodologies and stays abreast on development in related fields;
- Coordinates workflows, conducts research and gathers data to create additional materials, as needed;
- Provides substantive input to ICAT’s knowledge base by drafting ToRs for new tools and methodologies to complement those already in the ICAT toolbox, and background notes and engaging with active and potential partners;
- Supports the identification of a suitable partner for the translation of ICAT methodologies into French and related activities.
Knowledge management and wider Secretariat support
- Facilitates activities to disseminate knowledge and conduct knowledge exchange at the country and regional level;
- Coordinates the preparation of knowledge products to effectively share lessons learned and best practices at the country, regional and project levels, and ensure adequate dissemination in collaboration with implementing partners;
- Supports effective knowledge sharing and management within the ICAT team.
- At least five (5) years of working experience, including at least 2 years in issues of environmental management, preferably with a focus on climate change and capacity development;
- At least one year (1) of working experience with capacity-building, development assistance, training, and/or education, ideally in an international context and/or related to online learning formats.
- Experience with support to project coordination and or project management desired;
- Experience with coordinating multiple stakeholders, ideally in an international setting desired;
- Experience in developing or assisting in the development and delivery of online distance learning courses, and/or translation of training would be a distinct asset;
- Experience working within the UN system would be an advantage.
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is required.
- Fluency in French (written and oral) is a strong advantage.
Applications are open until before midnight Copenhagen time (CET) 31 October, 2020. To apply, please visit UNOPS website and click ‘Apply’ at the bottom of the vacancy announcement.