Work with us: Project Management Support – Senior Assistant
The Initiative for Climate Action Transparency (ICAT) is currently recruiting a Project Management Support – Senior Assistant to support the management of grant and project cooperation agreements, procurement, and general operations. Please visit the UNOPS website for the full vacancy announcement.
Duty station: Bonn, Germany
Contract type: Local ICA Support
Contract level: LICA-5
Application closes: 22 November 2021
1. Grant and PCA support
- Provide support to ICAT’s Grants and PCA selection processes including below:
- Assist in preparation of Call for Proposals for Grant Agreements and posting on United Nations Global Marketplace (UNGM);
- Assist in answering clarifying questions posted by Grant Applicants at UNGM;
- Assist in organizing and conducting evaluation panels, and development of evaluation reports according to the UNOPS established Grant Directive;
- Assist in preparation of Grant and PCA award requests and Engagement Acceptance Committee submissions as required under UNOPS’ rules and regulations; and
- Assist in review and preparation of GSA and PCA draft agreements, work plans and budgets and assist in provision of advice to Grantees and PCA holders in this process.
- Provide support to the grant and PCA management including the below tasks:
- Work with the supervisor in monitoring implementation of Grants and PCAs by tracking progress and completion of Grant/PCA activities and deliverables and proactively highlighting for discussion and action the activities that are at risk of being delayed;
- Assist in liaising with Grantees and PCA holders by drafting letters, memoranda, correspondence, etc. during project implementation;
- Notify Grantees and PCA holders of upcoming reporting requirements (Interim Progress Report and Final Reports and Interim and Final Financial Reports) as per the agreements and assist in answering questions received from Grantees and PCA holders regarding reporting;
- Assist in monitoring performance of Grantees and PCA holders, including review of milestone reports (narrative and financial) and subsequent update of ICAT’s Grants and PCA tracking tools;
- Support verification that all obligations with regards to the grants are fulfilled by the Grantee and PCA holders;
- Assist to collate information of Grant and PCA performance into quarterly reports for the UNOPS Project Board and reports for the ICAT Donor Steering Committee;
- Assist in maintaining ICAT Grant and PCA monitoring tools, such as the Country Update Tool, the Grants/PCA tracker and the ICAT project tracking of work plans and deliverables; and
- Create and review oneUNOPS Purchase Orders and Request for Payments to facilitate Grant and PCA Payment Processes and follow-up with Grantees and PCA holders as well as UNOPS finance to ensure payments are received.
- Provide support to the Grant and PCA closure processes.
2. Procurement support
- In accordance with the ICAT Work Plan, arrange for procurement of smaller equipment and services and assist with logistical arrangements providing all documents in time and in compliance with UNOPS procurement procedures and rules including the below tasks:
- Create and manage e-requisitions and ensure that all necessary procurement related data are recorded in OneUNOPS;
- Conduct market research to determine sources of supplies by using UNGM, and other sources;
- Assist in drafting of bidding documents (ITBs, RFQs) and post them on UNGM;
- Assist in answering clarifying questions posted by suppliers in the UNOPS esourcing system;
- Assist in organising and conducting evaluation panels, and development of evaluation reports according to the UNOPS established procurement procedures;
- Ensure that contractual processes follow the stipulated UNOPS procedures;
- Assist with documentation of EOI, RFQ, ITB, RFP through the e-sourcing system as may be required and assist in preparation of waivers for competitive bidding, working with the supervisor to ensure their conformity with UNOPS approved templates or seeking clearance in case of required adjustments;
- Prepare notes for shopping and follow through subsequent steps according to UNOPS rules and regulations;
- Assist preparing submissions to UNOPS Contracts and Property Committees;
- Assist preparing contracts and necessary amendments in consultation with the supervisor, ensuring conformity with template UNOPS documents for review by the requesting unit;
- Follow-up with vendors regarding signing of contracts;
- Assist in drafting of letters, memoranda, email, etc.; monitoring of progress and liaising with vendors during the procurement cycle; investigation and resolution of post-order problems and of progress reports on procurement matters;
- With the guidance from the supervisor, provide responses to queries from the ICAT Secretariat and companies, etc. regarding procurement related matters;
- Maintain records over project equipment inventory;
- Ensure timely preparation of documentation for reporting on procurement activities;
- Assist in development and implementation of the ICAT Procurement Plan, identifying procurement related priorities;
- Ensure ICAT planned procurement activities are always up to date in the WEC procurement planning tool;
- Maintain the ICAT procurement tracker, ensuring that it is always up to date;
- Create and review OneUNOPS Purchase Orders and Request for Payments to facilitate Payment Processes and follow-up with suppliers/service providers as well as UNOPS finance to ensure payments are received; and
- Ensure proper filing of all procurement related documentation in line with the ICAT filing guidelines.
- Provide support to the ICAT Secretariat, ensuring that relevant project support functions requiring programme and operational support are provided in a professional and timely manner;
- Together with the Project Management Support Associate, facilitate and ensure provision of administrative, procurement, HR and logistics support required for the ICAT Secretariat;
- Assist with IT support by acting as the interface to the UNOPS and the UNFCCC Secretariat’s IT help desks as well as other service providers as appropriate;
- Assist the Supervisor in preparation of all relevant products as per the Project Management Manual including stakeholder mapping and Standard Operating Procedures;
- Support the Supervisor in terms of knowledge management in the areas of portfolio and grants management from both a substantive and financial perspective;
- Support development and upkeep of records, logs, reports and other documents, as required by the ICAT Secretariat;
- Assist ensure that all relevant project documents and administrative files are maintained as per corporate requirements and ICAT shared drive guidelines;
- Support the Supervisor in the organization and management of periodic Project Board Meetings, including preparing presentations, sharing of documents and minute taking;
- Support the ICAT Secretariat in communication with internal and external stakeholders; and
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
4. Knowledge management and innovation
- Contribute to identifying Risks, Lessons Learned and Issues and enter relevant information in OneUNOPS project following the Supervisor’s approval;
- Assist with logistics support the organization of webinars, training and learning initiatives on project related topics (including the technical set-up of such events);
- Contribute to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices; and
- Contribute with feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices.
- High School Diploma with 5 years of experience is required; or
- University Degree in business administration, public administration, procurement, finance, or related area is desired.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in grant administration, fund management, project management, or procurement is required. A bachelor or a master’s degree may substitute for some or all the required years of experience respectively;
- Previous UNOPS experience in above areas and experience in handling web-based management systems and in the use of Enterprise systems including OneUNOPS is a strong advantage;
- Previous experience in grant management and/or working with multiple stakeholders is highly desirable;
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of UN rules and procedures is an advantage;
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office/Google Suite) is required;
- Proficiency in data management and use of data visualizations tools is an asset.
- Strong command of English (written and oral) is required.
- Working knowledge of another official UNOPS language, in particular Spanish would be an asset.
Applications are open until before midnight Copenhagen time (CET) 22 November, 2021. To apply, please visit UNOPS website and click ‘Apply’ at the bottom of the vacancy announcement.