Work with us: Technical Specialist – Environmental (Climate Change)
The Initiative for Climate Action Transparency (ICAT) is currently recruiting a Technical Specialist for the development of a blended e-learning course on climate action transparency. Please visit the UNOPS website for the full vacancy announcement.
Duty station: Bonn/Copenhagen/Home based
Contract type: International ICA
Contract level: IICA-2
Duration: 12 months
Application closes: 6th August 2020
- Defines and develops the learning content on climate action transparency, together with subject matter experts and implementing partners;
- Develops and coordinates the substantive input during the development and delivery of a blended e-learning course including coordination between the technical support team, subject matter experts, designers, and facilitators;
- Manages the meetings of supervisory and advisory committees set up to implement the e-learning course, and supports the Director and staff to participate in their work as needed;
- Manages the process and collaborates closely with implementing partners on course design and delivery, including to ensure timely advice on content and review of comments, support for identification of key learning needs and learning objectives, selection of instructional design strategies etc.;
- Coordinates workflows, conducts research and gathers data to create additional materials, as needed;
- Supervises the work with the implementing partners in the development and pre-testing of the materials, e-learning module as well as in the organization and delivery of the face to face training;
- Ensures the e-learning course developed is aligned with ICAT’s mandate, vision and its overall approach;
- Ensures the content of the e-learning is according to the current trends and best practises in the area of climate change and transparency;
- Provides additional support to the ICAT Secretariat, in particular on further developing the ICAT toolbox in coordination with implementing partners;
- Provides substantive input to ICAT’s knowledge base by drafting ToRs, background notes and engaging with active and potential partners;
- Advanced university degree (master’s degree or equivalent) preferably in environmental management/sciences, international relations, business,economics,environmental science, education, development studies, and/or other relevant fields for climate action transparency and capacity-building.
- A first-level university degree with relevant combination of academic qualifications and two years of additional experience related to the nature of the position may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- At least five (5) years of working experience, including at least 2 years in issues of environmental management, preferably with a focus on climate change and capacity development;
- At least one year (1) of working experience with capacity-building, development assistance, training, and/or education, ideally in an international context and/or related to online learning formats.
- Experience with support to project coordination and or project management;
- Experience with coordinating multiple stakeholders, ideally in an international setting;
- Experience in developing or assisting in the development and delivery of online distance learning courses would be an asset;
- Experience working within the UN system would be an advantage.
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is required.
- Other UN languages will be an advantage.
Applications are open until before midnight Copenhagen time (CET) 6th August, 2020. To apply, please visit UNOPS website and click ‘Apply’ at the bottom of the vacancy announcement.