Work with us: Intern – Climate Change and Monitoring and Evaluation
The Initiative for Climate Action Transparency (ICAT) is currently recruiting an Intern to support with the collection, analysis and visualisation of data as part of ICAT’s Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Uptake (MELU) framework.
The incumbent may also be asked to conduct background research related to different aspects of ICAT’s work and activities, in particular in relation to the work progress in developing climate action transparency frameworks implemented together with the ICAT beneficiary countries. The research findings will be used by the Secretariat as input for ICAT’s impact assessment and other planning activities, and for material to be used for outreach purposes.
Please visit the UNOPS website for the full vacancy announcement.
Duty station: Bonn/Copenhagen
Contract type: Full time – Internship
Contract level: N/A
Duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
Application closes: 17 November 2020
- Liaise with ICAT’s implementing partners to support the collation, review and analysis of data for the MELU reporting;
- Assist in interpretation of trends and drawing insights from project and survey data;
- Support the further development of the MELU framework based on experience in data collection and analysis;
- Assist on developing strategic information, including data visuals and reports, that communicates key evidence with diverse stakeholders.
- Assist on background research on aspects related to the work of ICAT, in particular analyzing the role ICAT plays globally in supporting countries building their institutional transparency infrastructure and on specific topics related to the countries covered by ICAT, with focus on their GHG emissions and climate policies and actions in a global, and regional and national perspective, in particular, the importance of their NDCs, the sectors covered by ICAT work, and other parameters;
- Assist analysis and assessment of the different ICAT transparency initiatives and their contribution and impact on ICAT countries’ climate policies and actions aimed at contributing to the implementation of transparency frameworks and further enhancing of their NDCs;
- Assist on compiling metrics used by countries as part of the climate action MRV, besides emissions data;
- Assist the preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports, extracting data from various sources to contribute to the preparation of background papers and outreach material;
- Perform other duties as required based on ICAT Secretariat’s needs.
1. Academic qualifications
- The applicant should have completed a Bachelor degree, or be enrolled in a postgraduate program or have graduated from such studies within three (3) years prior to the start date of the intern assignment.
- Area of study should preferably relate to climate change, developmental studies, and/or environmental management.
- Strong data analytical skills and the ability to maintain regular update of activities and achievements would be an asset
2. Language Skills
- Proven fluency of English – oral and written required.
- Any other UN language would be an asset
3. Computer Literacy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Google Suite is essential, in particular advanced functions of Excel and data visualization tools is desirable.
4. Internship-related experiences
- Applicants are not required to have professional work experience but experience working or volunteering in any of the following areas is highly desirable:
- Climate change
- Monitoring and evaluation of programmes in the development field
- Statistical analysis
- Applications are open until midnight Copenhagen time (CET) 17 November, 2020. To apply, please visit UNOPS website and click ‘Apply’ at the bottom of the vacancy announcement.