Now Available: Webinar on Information systems for climate action and support
The recording of the webinar Information systems for climate action and support: a road map and case study, organised by ICAT and the CBIT Global Coordination Platform (CBIT GCP), is now available online. In the video below, experts from national and international institutions discuss the aspects to consider when designing and developing information systems projects for climate action and support.
The implementation of the enhanced transparency framework of the Paris Agreement is driving the need for systematic and regular collection, preparation, and reporting of data by countries. Information systems are the tool best suited for systematic data management, and many countries are embarking on projects to develop them. However, the development of an information system is a complex project for which project developers in the Departments of Climate Change lack experience and sufficient understanding of the process.
The webinar can help to:
- Arrange a road map for establishing information systems for climate action and support based on a publication by the UNEP DTU Partnership
- Review a case study of the development of an integrated information system, discussing the challenges and lessons learned
- Henning Wuester, ICAT
- William Agyemang-Bonsu, UNFCCC Secretariat
- Ana Cardoso, UNEP DTU Partnership
- Ana Lucía Mora, Ministry of Environment and Energy of Costa Rica