Call for Proposals: Technical support for the establishment and management of a Regional Climate Action Transparency Hub in Central Asia
ICAT has just published a call for proposals for technical support for the establishment and management of a Regional Climate Action Transparency Hub (ReCATH) in Central Asia. The Hub will adopt and implement a collaborative approach that brings together the five Central Asian States (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan) and support technical experts and expert institutions in the region to build sustainable and comprehensive MRV/transparency systems.
To provide technical support and capacity building to the Regional Environmental Centre for Central Asia (CAREC) and its member countries in Central Asia for transparency related to climate actions and policies based on country and regional priorities and needs with the aim of equipping the countries in the region with capacity to effectively assess the impacts of their climate policies and actions and fulfil their transparency commitments under international frameworks, in particular the Enhanced Transparency Framework of the Paris Agreement.
The mission of the Hub will be achieved through six goals:
- Establish a centre of expertise on climate action transparency in the region hosted by CAREC;
- Assess country needs and priorities to identify key gaps that should be addressed through the work plan of the Hub;
- Increase human and institutional capacity in Central Asia for enhanced transparency to empower Central Asian countries to participate effectively in the Paris Agreement (MRV, policy assessments, mobilizing finance, greenhouse gas inventories, NDC implementation and further development, drafting of legal and regulatory documents);
- Create a network among experts and officials of the participating Central Asian States through working groups, trainings and peer to peer exchange activities;
- 5. Disseminate transparency tools and guidance (such as the ICAT tools and methodologies) and promote their use in the region by tailoring and further developing them to their specific needs and priorities; and
- Support resource mobilization for climate action in Central Asia.
How to submit a proposal?
Entities interested in submitting proposals can find all the relevant information, documents and necessary procedures for this Call on the United Nations Global Marketplace. Returnable forms are to be submitted no later than 21 September 2021, 23:59 CEST to email@example.com.